In addition to creating and managing habitat for pollinators on land owned and managed by the project partners, over the course of this year the Jersey project partners aim to:
- Work with schools, educating the students about pollinators and creating pollinator patches in their grounds.
- Encourage members of the public to set aside at least 10% of their gardens for pollinators.
- Work with local businesses to enhance habitat for pollinators on their land.
- Champion biological recording, leading to a significant increase in the number of insect records held by the Jersey Biodiversity Centre.
- Establish a pollinator monitoring scheme to find out how insect pollinator populations are changing in Jersey.
Jersey Project Partners and Sponsors:
- Government Of Jersey
- Jersey Bee Keepers’ Association
- Jersey Biodiversity Centre
- Jersey Trees For Life
- La Societe Jersiaise
- Natural Jersey
- Royal Jersey Agricultural and Horticultural Society
- The Good Jersey Life
- The National Trust For Jersey